If you are new to professional Web Publishing software, or if your experience is limited to FrontPage or iWeb, you should get familiar with the basics in our HTML & Web Overview class.
What we will cover:
In this class, we'll combine Dreamweaver's different views of our pages (looking at both code and design) to create a fully functioning web site by the end of the course. You'll even be able to bring it home with you! Some basic HTML experience is very useful, but we'll also cover some of those basics in class.
One of the best instructors I've ever had
- Dreamweaver Essentials student
- Some fundamental Web Terminology
- Understanding Web Standards and the seperation of content from presentation (xhtml from css)
- Naming Conventions
- A glimpse at our resource pool
- Interface Basics:
- The Welcome Screen
- The Insert Bar
- The Property Inspector
- The Document Window and Toolbar
- Dreamweaver Panels
- The Preferences Window
- Learning about Site Control:
- Defining a Site
- File Management
- Path Structure
- Adding Content to your folder structure
- Creating Sitemaps
- Creating Web Pages & Page Layout:
- Document Type Declarations
- Inserting Images
- Inserting Text
- Adding Metatags
- Creating Links
- Working with Tables
- Inserting Flash and other media content
- Understanding and Working with Casading Stylesheets (CSS):
- Why CSS? Fine control
- Working with linked, embedded, and inline stylesheets
- Adding CSS via the Page Properties window
- Working with selectors
- Using the Style Panel
- CSS Typography
- Margins and Padding: Understanding the Box Model
- Working with, and styling lists
- Site Building:
- Layout and working with Dreamweaver's existing basic templates
- Creating the markup
- Writing an internal stylesheet
- Moving the stylesheet
- Creating Navigation
- Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Checking Links Sitewide
- Validating your markup
- Uploading the site
- Creating a Template
- Creating Pages from Template
- Looking at Site Reports
- Working collaboratively: Using check in/check out
- Publishing & Site Management:
- Setting up hosting server
- Running site reports
- Using Cloaking
- Site synchronization
- Sitewide link check
- Site validation & browser checks
- SEO tips
Dreamweaver CS6 Essentials—two days— $525
To register, click on a starting date
At Luminous Works, you get . . .
- Free class refresher within 12 months...
- Take it again! Within 12 months of any class that is still offered in that time, just get in touch and let us know when you want to audit. If there's a seat available, it's yours. Please read the full details
- Bring home your work...
- Bring home your class files so you can practice what you learn with us. These training files often contain valuable tips and procedures, as well as what you may have created during class. Whether you want to show off the images from your photography class, the chapter you built in your InDesign training class, or you want to explore those features we covered in your Illustrator training class, or perhaps you want to post the site you built in your Dreamweaver training class, you'll have the resources to review and cherish your hard work..
- Mac OS or Windows...
- All of our computers can run your operating system of choice.
- Small class sizes—by design...
- We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor training examples and emphases on the fly. Since we strictly limit class size, you will not be just another head to count, but rather a learner with whom we're communicating.
- Carefully crafted curricula...
- Constantly updated and refined, and never canned. Here, you'll never be subjected to a mass-produced workbook that is geared for the lowest common denominator. Instead, each class exercise is evaluated and tweaked to be effective and often fun.
We teach the bulk of the Adobe Creative Suite, but that's not the whole story. We also teach classes in photographic workflows, and several classes on "the basics" to get you started in web or desktop publishing. And since we have intentionally small class sizes, we can adapt a course's curriculum on the fly to accommodate that day's attendees. We teach people, not workstations.
- Convenient & comfortable location...
- From the lighting to the full kitchen for lunch and breaks; from your choice of operating system to the expansive deck for catching your breath, you'll feel right at home while you learn. Students even ask us where they can buy our chairs! We're easily accessible from anywhere in the Seattle region.
- Adobe Certified Expert instruction
- Luminous Works classes focusing on Adobe software are taught by Adobe Certified Experts; those who've both mastered the applications they teach and pass rigorous exams to prove it.
We've all heard of knowledgeable experts who haven't the ability to impart their knowledge. You won't encounter that here.